[G4] Hard drive help

Michael L. Brown brownml at adelphia.net
Thu Nov 17 14:20:42 PST 2005

Bob, before from sending the disk in to a professional data recovery
outfit such as DriverSavers.com, try ProSoft's Disk Rescue X, or
their latest, Data Rescue II. Costs about a hundred bucks and you
will need a drive with enough space to recover your data onto. See

Bottom line is that you are going to lose some of your files (those
that have been overwritten) but you will recover most of the disk.
The price depends on how bad the need.

Good luck. I had the same problem once, but had done a backup a month
before. So I just wiped the drive and told my wife some was wrong
with Quicken and she would have to reenter all our banking data. She
was not a happy camper!

Mike

--
Almost never pointless.