[G4] Liteon's New Dual Layer 16x DVD +/- R and +/- RW Drive

Aaron macuser at aarons.fastmail.fm
Fri Nov 18 05:46:23 PST 2005

At 07:27 -0800 2005/11/15, Harry Freeman wrote:
>I came across this deal this morning and thought that I'd pass it along
>to those members that are wanting an new DVD/CD drive.
>See <http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?DPNo=640741&wt.mc_id=EWB08209&adcampaign=email,EWB08209>  [Angle brackets added by Aaron.]
>$39.99 plus $1.99 shipping.
>Liteon's new versatile high-performance dual layer internal drive.
>Dual Layer 16x DVD +/- R and +/- RW Drive

Underneath the list of shipping charges for various methods of shipping, there's the sentence:

"Handling fees of $5.95 will be applied."

So, they're really charging $48 with the cheapest shipping, not $42!

Maybe it's still a good deal, but I don't think I want to do business with a company that's that sneaky!

 - Aaron