[G4] G4 Memory

Linda Sawtelle linsawt at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 22:32:29 PST 2005

Does anybody have (for a reasonable price) 2 256MB memory that I can add
to my G4 to see if it helps it from crashing. I have searched pricegrabber
but am not sure which brand will work in the mac or if any of them work so
maybe someone has some laying around that they know works but they don't
need?

I had heard that it might be the firmware but there is only System 10.3.7
installed on it and the firmware upgrade requires system 9 and I prefer
not to have to reinstall all the system software . Somone said that a
memory upgrade will help the crashing???
I have 2 in it now:
  Size:	128 MB
  Type:	SDRAM
  Speed:	PC100-222S

Hardware:
  Machine Model:	Power Mac G4 (AGP graphics)
  CPU Type:	PowerPC G4  (2.8)
  Number Of CPUs:	1
  CPU Speed:	400 MHz
  L2 Cache (per CPU):	1 MB