[G4] Re: Spinning Gear

Richard M. Kriss rmkriss at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 20 03:37:18 PST 2005

> Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 11:33:03 -0800
> From: John Baltutis <baltwo at san.rr.com>
>
> On 11/18/05, I wrote:
>> On 11/18/05, "Richard M. Kriss" <rmkriss at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyone know where I can get a picture of the tuning crank that displays
>>> while OSX is starting to load?  Don't know how to do a screen shot of the
>>> leached?
>>
>> It's called the spinning gear. In Terminal: type "gear.tif" How you make it
>> spin is another matter.
>
> Poorly worded that. It should be type: locate "gear.tif" (with the quotes).
> Sorry for any confusion.

John,

You are the man!  Thanks.  That is the gear I was looking for.  I was going
to try to make up a small QuickTime clip showing he gear turning but decided
that is too hard and not worth the effort.  To get such an item I would
probably have to do with a digital camera.  Like I said some things are just
too hard and not worth the effort.

Thanks again for helping me find the gear.tif file

Dick