[G4] battery and another question

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Tue Nov 22 10:33:23 PST 2005

At 6:11 PM +0000 11/22/05, dapper dan wrote:
>the cheapest place to buy a battery for a powerbook online or otherwise?

I like OWC for this: http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/powerbook/batteries/

In fact, I just ordered a new battery from them for my Ti Book G4.

>also,when i insert a blank cd into my drive the computer freezes up and makes some very strange noises.this just started happening.any ideas?

Not at all sure, but sounds like it might be the drive mechanism. I assume that you are talking about a desktop.  If so, you might try opening and closing the drive several times (F12 or eject key) to see if that frees up the mechanism.  If that does not work, maybe re-install your iTunes and DVD software (iDVD, DVD Reader, Toast), and if that doesn't work, get a new DVR-110D for about $40 from http://www.newegg.com/.

But, if you are talking about your Power Book, maybe try http://www.techrestore.com/ , or http://www.macresQ.com, or http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/optical-drives/superdrives/

The first two have overnight pickup and return service: I am not sure about the third one.

--Steve