[G4] photo editing

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Thu Nov 24 16:27:05 PST 2005

On Nov 24, 2005, at 3:31 PM, Fabian Fang wrote:

> On Nov 24, 2005, at 2:23 PM, Jim Manley wrote:
>
>> Is this a legit copy? Gimpshop advertises deals on Photoshop but
>> they aren't legal. They admit you can't register it.

>>> $37.95 from Purplus Software, in a bundle that also includes the
>>> Windows version, and a simple digital camera:
>>> <http://store.purplus.net/adphel3wlomo.html>
>
> It came with a typical Adobe Serial Number, and I have registered
> my ownership with Adobe. It is interesting how good buys are
> sometimes viewed with suspicion.

Pruplus is selling an OEM, not a retail, copy Photoshop Elements. It
is meant to be bundled with hardware. That's why they include the
cheap digital camera as part of the purchase. They explicitly tell
you this on the page. The drawback to OEM software is that you are
often treated as a second class customer by the Publisher. You are
usually eligible for updates, but may not be for eligible for support
or upgrades.

Phil