[G4] Re: Disk First Aid, Diskwarrior Compatibility with OS 10.2.8

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Fri Nov 25 13:23:49 PST 2005

Hello Anne:

I cannot say much about DiskWarrior except it is the best for what it
does from all I read.  I have the old version for OS 9, and the box is
still wrapped in plastic.

On Nov 24, 2005, at 10:12 PM, g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 17:56:22 -0500
> From: Anne Keller-Smith <earthpigz at earthlink.net>
>
> 1. Will Disk First Aid work on later systems or should one upgrade this
> somehow?

Your Disk First Aid, original with your QuickSilver, sounds like the OS
9 version.  In OS X, First Aid is part of Disk Utility.  Open Disk
Utility and find the First Aid tab or button, depending on how Jaguar
does it.

> 2. Should I upgrade the Diskwarrior to version 3.1 or 3.3 or should I
> buy a new version altogether? The new version would seem to be bootable
> and that would be nice.

If "bootable" is the difference, for the update price, I would go for
it.  You would end up with v3.0.3.  I do not see info on a 3.1 or 3.3.

> 3. Any opinions on which utility/utilities/combination are better to
> have on board? (Norton, Techtool Pro, etc.)

Avoid Norton like the plague, actually there is no suitable version for
OS X.  After updating DiskWarrior, it is adviseable to have TechTool
Pro as well because it does many different things that DW does not.

Best of Luck,
Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.