[G4] OSX Tiger Font issues

J C juslookin4pgfun at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 30 14:12:38 PST 2005

I have been using Tiger OSX 10.4.2 for about 2 months
and have noticed a reduction in processing speed as
well as font issues. I have a G4 466mhz Digital Audio
Mac with 1.25Gb of Ram. My hardrive is split into OSX
(21.37Gb/12.16 Gb unused) and Classic 9 (9.87Gb/9.09Gb
unused). I rarely use Classic maybe once every 3-6
months. OSX drive shows as smart verified and
permissions are regularly updated. What's hogging all
the memory?
I use Suitcase X1 to manage my fonts. I use 1000s of
fonts in my graphic design business. Applications are
Adobe CS all programs as well as Mac Office 2004,
Stuffit, Toast and Quark. When I upgraded Panther OSX
to Tiger OSX, what seemed to be comprehensible now
seems very confusing with all of the new font names.
Anybody know what system fonts, user fonts and Classic
fonts are essential to run this computer and where
they need to be located. Information I have found is
piecemeal at best. Thanks