[G4] experience with AcomData hard drives?

Craig Turner cwt4885 at email.unc.edu
Sun Oct 2 14:56:56 PDT 2005

I bought an AcomData 160 GB external firewire drive about 10 months
ago, to hold extra files, mainly graphics. It works very well with
OSX, but I will warn you: about three months into my ownership the
fan got significantly louder. This doesn't hurt performance, but it
has a kind of rattle that is annoying (esp. compared to the second
external I have from OWC, no fan). I wrote to tech support asking if
there was a way to fix it, but they never responded.

If your drive does get noisier over time, perhaps you'll have a place
under your desk to locate it?

YMMV,
Craig Turner