[G4] G4 iBook 12" ?

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Mon Oct 3 13:43:18 PDT 2005

On Oct 3, 2005, at 11:16 AM, William Wiseman wrote:

> One one I'm aware of is Screen Spanning Doctor and it rewrites part
> of the Firmware, which voids the warranty. I remember reading about
> someone having trouble with Apple on a non-video related warranty
> repair after Apple discovered this hack was installed.

It doesn't "rewrite" your firmware. It just changes a firmware
setting by storing the new value in NVRAM (non-volatile). All you
have to do is change the setting back if you need to get warranty
support and no one will know the difference.

Phil
--
We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home. -- Edward R.
Murrow