[G4] Crying Uncle!

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 10 18:39:47 PDT 2005

Jim - Thanks for your suggestion.
I have a hard time believing that a serious memory problem developed
simultaneously with the software update. Up until that time everything
was working perfectly . Nevertheless I haven't a better idea and I'm
willing to try anything to avoid a reinstall. What utility are you
referring to? I can't find anything in my system that looks like a
hardware test. Is this something I need to down load or perhaps is it
on the Panther system disk?

  For now I have to start up with my Firewire HD which has the full
OS10.3.9 on it. Hope this won't make any difference to the test you
suggest. as the original CD is with my other computer 2 hours away.

John Erdman
Sawtooth G4 AGP 400MHz, 704MB Ram, OS 10.3.9
iMac G5 2.0 GHz, 1GB Ram, OS 10.4.2