[G4] Speeding up

Daniel Brieck Jr. djbrieck at mac.com
Tue Oct 11 11:30:25 PDT 2005

I can give some feedback on that,. I live in PA near pittsburgh and
Comcast and Verizon are one of many high speed choices.

Comcast is generally faster than the Verizon DSL service in my
experience. But Comcast also has a higher price that is around $48.00
a month and there are no long terms deals available. For example,
package deals if you have comcast internet, TV and, Phone... are non-
existent as far as I am aware. So you will pay full price for
internet and anything else you have with them.

Verizon DSL offers deals.  My grandparents have Verizon DSL and pay
29.95 per month without a year contract because they have Verizon
telephone service too.

If they did not have verizon telephone service then they would have
to pay 37.95 per month without a contract. (or 29.95 with a YEAR
contract)

After checking their website it also appears that they offer a slower
speed DSL 768K download service for 14.95 a month with a 1 YEAR
contract...

Verizon offers the best internet connection for you money. The only
down fall is that you might not be able to get Verizon DSL or any DSL
were you live at.

That is exactly the case for me and why I am forced to use Comcast
Cable Internet for a Broadband connection.

Check out this resource provide by CNET.com:
Look under their internet reviews section for Broadband power search.
Which ask you for your telephone number and provides you with a list
of local broadband providers.
http://reviews.cnet.com/Internet_access/2001-6536_7-0.html?tag=midnav

Check out  your local service providers website.
http://www22.verizon.com/
http://www.comcast.com/Benefits/CHSIBenefits.asp?LinkID=51

Bottom line is too look around and you might find better deals. Don't
forget to look at your local ISP's  too (Aka Bob's ISP) which might
offer lower prices for DSL, etc than big companies like Comcast, etc...

Daniel J. Brieck Jr.