[G4] Speeding up

Tim Collier collierof1957 at mac.com
Tue Oct 11 12:35:51 PDT 2005

In my area, Adelphia (going out of business being bought out by
Comcast), Comcast and BellSouth DSL are the most common choices.
BellSouth offers 3 flavors of DSL the first being only slightly
faster than dialup, the second being about 1.5 mb/sec and the third
about 2 mb/sec.  Comcast and Adelphia are about equal (what a
coincidence!) and you get about 4 to 5 mb/sec.  BellSouth is also
flakey and their support down here is notoriously horrid.  Cable, on
the other hand is rarely, if ever--even during hurricanes--down.
BellSouth goes down with a lightening strike.  I live in South
Florida, so that can be a problem.  My recommendation is Cable!  Oh,
I also once tried Direcpc--what a mistake!  It was S L O W and very
expensive.

Tim