[G4] Speeding up

Hector I. Macedo hecmac at comcast.net
Tue Oct 11 15:02:20 PDT 2005

Hi Wilton, no,

1.-  your email address will change since you are changing provider
(you could keep the first part, but after the @ it will be the
provider's name.

2.- The conection is through a cable that goes to a modem and from
there to your computer(s) via a cat 5 ethernet cable.\If you want to
have more than one computer, the only extra thing that you will need
is a router to send the signal to all the comps.

On Oct 11, 2005, at 3:14 PM, whshaw wrote:

> Tim Collier wrote:
>

>> In my area, Adelphia (going out of business being bought out by
>> Comcast), Comcast and BellSouth DSL are the most common choices.
>> BellSouth offers 3 flavors of DSL the first being only slightly
>> faster than dialup, the second being about 1.5 mb/sec and the
>> third  about 2 mb/sec.  Comcast and Adelphia are about equal (what
>> a  coincidence!) and you get about 4 to 5 mb/sec.  BellSouth is
>> also  flakey and their support down here is notoriously horrid.
>> Cable, on  the other hand is rarely, if ever--even during
>> hurricanes--down.   BellSouth goes down with a lightening strike.
>> I live in South  Florida, so that can be a problem.  My
>> recommendation is Cable!  Oh,  I also once tried Direcpc--what a
>> mistake!  It was S L O W and very  expensive.
>>
>> Tim
>> On Oct 11, 2005, at 2:30 PM, Daniel Brieck Jr. wrote:
>>

>> Exterminate all rational though.

>> stuff:
>>

> To show my ignorance, I am asking three questions.
> 1. Does my email address stay the same?
> 2.How does the system arrive, through a phone line or through a
> cable.                                       3.If through a cable
> how does it connect to my computer?
> Thanks
>
> Wilton

> stuff:

Hector I. Macedo                                          "Lord of
the Flies"
Dallas, TX 75248

"Piscaro Itaque dicet mendacium"

Then round his hook the chosen fur he winds,
And on the back a speckled feather binds;
So just the colours shine through ev'ry part,
That nature seems to live again in art.
                     John Gay
                         Rural Sports 1720