[G4] connect to external firewire drive

Gary Willard gwillard at mac.com
Wed Oct 12 18:17:26 PDT 2005

I have an external firewire drive connected to my G4. (OS 10.3.9) I
connect to my G4 remotely with my powerbook laptop in another room in
the house via an ethernet router. I have 2 hard drives in my G4. When I
"connect to server" from the finder of my laptop, I can get to my G4,
see and connect to both of those internal drives. I cannot see or
connect to the external firewire drive, even though when I physically
go to my G4, it is there on the desktop. What am I missing? Does that
software solution apply to this too? Thanks for any help.