[G4] Re: No power with door closed

jim carbone dictator at rebargraphics.com
Thu Oct 13 13:51:30 PDT 2005

<snip>  details and useless junk </snip>  :-)

Thanks again to everyone who responded to my issue with my dual 1.25
MDD not starting up with the door closed. That at least convinced me to
try a few other things. As it turns out, I triple checked wires, and
closed it all up. I wanted to see at what point of opening the door it
shut down. Well, it fired right up on the first try and has been
running since.

I wonder if it may have had something to do with the PRAM settings, as
suggested. It didn't "hold" the time the first few times it restarted,
but now it does. Not sure why that happened, but I've been using it all
day and I'm so happy to not be hobbling along on my PowerBook anymore
(it was a lifesaver to have during this mess, but man is it slow in
comparison.) I hope I'm fully up and running now.

Once again, this proves to me the value of these mailing lists. I've
been on the vintage PCI PowerMacs list for a while and jumped to this
one because of this problem. Looks like I'm on this one to stay now
too.

Thanks again to all who have lent a hand... top- or bottom-posters
alike.

--jim