[G4] hard drive madness

Alex Hurst corkflor at iol.ie
Sat Oct 15 12:28:22 PDT 2005

John (who knows much more than I do) wrote:

>it's almost time for a new system, maybe a quicksilver...

I can only tell you folks that my bargain ebay G4 Sawtooth tower
under Panther 10.3.9 has proved rock solid, and, much to my surprise,
has had few problems communicating with two G3s under 9.2.2 via
Ethernet.

As a Mac tyro. I work on the time-honoured principle that "if it
ain't broke, you don't fix it".

My requirement is that the G4 runs the programs I want it to with the
minimum of hassle. This it does (including Photoshop 5 under Classic)
with no problems.

My only beef is that Eudora for Mac OS X seems to take an age sorting
out the filters on incoming email.

Anyone got a fix/workaround for this?

Best

Alex