[G4] System Font

Glen Halina sghalina at rogers.com
Mon Oct 24 06:40:12 PDT 2005

Hello to All

Ièm running a G4 AGP Graphics Mac that I recently acquired on OSX 10.3.9
with which I am not very familiar, having recently migrated from 9.2.2.
I use a USB Microsoft Natural keyboard (in case that makes a difference)

I have a problem with what appears to be the sytem font, as the font
being used in all the applications creates a screen character other than
what I have been accustomed to seeing when I hit that specific key.

For instance the apostraphe (sp) comes out as è (as you can see above)
and the question mark prints as É

The other problem (which I expect is related) is that the lists that
come up with the utilities (such as system profiler) appear to be in a
larger font that casuses the selections to partially cover each other,
partially masking the contents and making a selection a bit trickier.

I expect there is a good answer and a quick fix but I havenèt been able
to find the keywords to locate the fix in the couple of references I
have on OSX 10.3

Any help to make it right would be appreciated

Glen