[G4] Beige G3 OS X Freezing

William Wiseman elox at fastermac.net
Mon Oct 24 16:52:02 PDT 2005

I am booting w/o a monitor. The G3 normally resides behind cabinet,
under a table, and buried under my router, Airport base station and
an external drive I was too lazy to install internal. :-)

  I have OSXvnc set to start when the G3 starts up (even though I
normally leave G3 running). If I need to do something, I start CotVNC
on one of my other units and do what needs done w/o problems. The
only drawback is that the screen redraw (of the G3 feed) is a bit
slow so you have to be careful when clicking on moving items, like
magnifying Dock icons.

Both programs have new versions out since summer and work very well
together.
CotVNC can be found at: sourceforge.net/projects/cotvnc/

OSXVnc can be found at: sourceforge.net/projects/osxvnc

This was the best solution I found for cheap remote access.

JeffW.