[G4] G4 No startup tone?

Daniel Brieck Jr. djbrieck at mac.com
Tue Oct 25 10:36:59 PDT 2005

Try resetting the PRAM,  Restart then hold down Apple + Option + R +
P  keys.    My  G4 500 AGP system  would be sporadic with the start
up chime working and not working in older versions of Mac OS ((10.1).
2). Seems to have been fixed with the newer versions 10.3, 10.4? I
have never noticed no start up chime on My G4 867 Quicksilver.

Also as a side note my G4 500 system also plays a loud buzzing
tone / noise ( like an alarm clock).  After the computer has been on
for many days, a tone plays  over the internal speaker while in sleep
mode. So I just unplugged the internal speaker to fix that the easy way.

The Chime on start-up issues were fixed by the newest versions of os
X and a PRAM reset for me. What computer and OS are you using?

Daniel J. Brieck Jr.