[G4] Security software for G4 Tiger

Tony Gamble tgamble180 at rogers.com
Thu Oct 27 21:12:20 PDT 2005

Viruses are so incredibly rare for us on the OS X platform, and
spyware virtually unheard-of.  However, for peace of mind, you could
use ClamXav ( http://www.markallan.co.uk/clamXav/ ), a Mac OS X port
of the free Unix antivirus ClamAV.  Can't recall anything for spyware
protection, though.  The general consensus seems to be that simply
running Mac OS X is enough, although certainly be careful of less-
than-reputable sites that want to permission install applets ("Do you
want to trust the signed applet distributed by "Integrated Search
Technologies" is one example).  Fortunately, this all happens in
plain view, unlike the secret installs that often take place while
using Windows.

Tony