[G4] Re: G4 Digest, Vol 13, Issue 3

Fernando Ubiria fubiria at adinet.com.uy
Fri Sep 9 06:13:43 PDT 2005

Hi Bob,
I used to be a Digital Equipment (DEC) field service engineer.
In your AS4000, both processors should be working.
When the operating system thinks that one CPU has an error condition,
this CPU gets disabled.
In order to reenable the CPU, you must issue a command in Open
Firmware, before booting the OS.
I don't remeber the sintaxis of the command, but if you need it, I can
ask to my former coworkers.

Of course, in the G4 500 MP, both processors work together

Rgds,
Fernando