[G4] Problems with install

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Mon Sep 19 18:43:26 PDT 2005

I am having some problems installing Jaguar on a B&W G3.  I went
through the installation fine and did all the updates and copied my
iTunes folder to it.  I restarted a few times during the updates with
no problems.  However, when I shut it down, I could not get it to
boot.  I get a alternating folder with a question mark and a folder
with a smiling mac.  When I boot from my OS 9 CD, i can't get Disk
Utility to detect the hard drive.  The drives in my G4 are set to
Cable Select, but the drive I put in the G3 doesn't have a Cable
Select setting.  So, I set it to Master/Single drive as it is the
only drive on the IDE cable.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin