[G4] Exploding Power supplies

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Thu Sep 22 15:10:53 PDT 2005

I picked up a pair of B&W G3's over the weekend. I plugged one of
them in and heard a pop and saw sparks shoot out of the power
supply.  So, I tried the other one.  It worked fine.  I installed OS
X and got it up and running with no problems.  Until today.  I
flipped on the power strip that it is plugged in to and it blew up
like the first one.  Is this a known issue with these machines?  I
haven't had any trouble with my G4, and this is my first experience
with the B&W's.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin