[G4] G4 AGP DVD/CD Drive Problem

Adrian Abraham aadrian at spymac.com
Sat Sep 24 20:05:25 PDT 2005

On Sep 24, 2005, at 7:11 PM, valerie wrote:

> ditch DVD drive and get bog-standard CDRW instead. Have tried 2 now
> neither
> of which will open, however both drives are recognised in System
> Profiler.

I just installed a DL DVD burner in my Digital Audio and my drive
tray also could not open as the graphite (colored) front bezel (the
plastic parts of the computer case) intefered with the drive door. I
had to remove the front face plate of the drive in order to allow the
bare tray now to push open the G4's drive door (on the graphite front
bezel) when it opens. You may have to do the same *assuming* this is
your problem. It may seem a little difficult at first but on *most*
drives, a little twisting and bending will allow the drive faceplate
to come off.

To confirm this is your problem, try opening the drive with the
graphite door assembly removed.

Good Luck

Adrian