[G4] Problems with install

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Thu Sep 29 08:33:16 PDT 2005

Greetings ( + )!( + )

On Sep 29, 2005, at 5:45 AM, Udo Zumdick wrote:

> Kevin Willis wrote:
> [....]
>> When I boot from my OS 9 CD, i can't get Disk Utility to detect the
>> hard drive.  The drives in my G4 are set to Cable Select, but the
>> drive I put in the G3 doesn't have a Cable Select setting.  So, I set
>> it to Master/Single drive as it is the only drive on the IDE cable.
>
> Sounds strange.
> Did your mac not recognize only the partition or the whole harddisk ?
> Did you install the OS9 driver during installation/partitioning
> through Jaguar ? If not, OS 9 will not be able to see the partitions.
> Did you try another harddisk  or the same harddisk on another computer
> ?
>
> Udo

What is the make and model of the disk that you are trying to install?

Best Regards, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
▪ We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing
through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love...
and then we return home.
Australian Aboriginal proverb