[G4] Firdge Vs. Mac

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Fri Sep 30 20:36:55 PDT 2005

Greetings ( + )!( + )

On Sep 30, 2005, at 7:08 PM, Doug McNutt wrote:

>> At 18:18 -0700 9/30/05, Harry Freeman wrote:
>>> What you need is a Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) that has a
>>> low-voltage detector.
>>
>> That's a pretty expensive testing device.

> the ups doesn't like it when we run the microwave , it kicks in and
> goes on battery power till the micro wave is shut off.

My point exactly, and even-though it might seam like an "pretty
expensive testing device"
I wouldn't run my platforms without one. Where I live in California we
have power outages, and even sometimes we are subject to rolling
outages, where PG&E  will turn-off your power. So expensive, I don't
think so, as if it can save the Mac from having problems, like blowing
out your PS then it's cheep.

Not to say that all of the information about aluminum wiring (what a
cheep shot the electrical industry heaped upon the American Home Buyer)
and the other information that I didn't put into my post because I
think the UPS is the best way to go. And I'm not sure that it applies
in all states but I think that if you have aluminum wiring and the
original contractor can be located he can be forced to replace it with
cooper.

Best Regards, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing
through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love...
and then we return home.
Australian Aboriginal proverb