[G4] Cable Modem and Seeing Activity Thereof

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 3 11:32:35 PDT 2006

Hi,

I got some fast internet service thru my local cable company. It's
pretty good, but now and then there's a stalling effect, where web
pages don't load on any browser. Only thing that gets things going
again seems to be a restart of the computer. With the dialup, I could
check the connection status, speed, etc.

How do I check things with the cable modem? I'm thinking the trouble is
if one page stalls, somehow the cable modem doesn't realize it
shouldn't keep trying forever. I'd like to manually
disconnect/reconnect but don't know how.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com