[G4] tips on file management

DaleH dhoff at margnat.com
Thu Apr 6 06:25:36 PDT 2006

>Need to get this message out real quick.  I need some file
>management software.  something that can scan my drives and help me
>create so kind of cleanliness/structure.  I'll  tell you more about
>my bad habits later.  Any know of any software that can help?
>
>thanks :-)

We use a utility called "Disk Tracker" from Portents to keep track of
CD/DVD volumes' contents but you can use it to create a directory of
any stationary drive including the one you boot from, or drives
shared over a network, etc.

Disk Tracker creates a hierarchical directory of any disk you drag
onto an open catalog window. You can search the directory, make
notations, share it or view it on any computer with the application
installed. There is no limit to the number of catalog files you can
create. Updating a catalog is as easy as re-dropping the volume on
the window, but you can keep updates of a volume's directory if
keeping track of changes over time is of interest.

I'm not sure what you are looking for in a "file management" program,
but give this a look.

http://www.disktracker.com/

DaleH