[G4] DiskWarrior Updater

keith_w keith_w at dslextreme.com
Sun Apr 16 05:58:31 PDT 2006

Tim Collier wrote:
> On 4/15/06 10:54 PM, "David M. DeFelice" <dmdef53 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Same problem....Bad program
>>[...]
>> Jesus Christ is Lord of ALL! ..........period
>> David M. DeFelice

> OK, I can't let this pass.  I am a Jew.  I find this last bit totally
> inappropriate for an email discussion list and highly offensive to me as a
> Jew.  Do you know how many Jews have DIED at the hands of Christians because
> of this *Jesus* stuff?  This discussion list is NOT THE PLACE for your
> religious beliefs.  If you had just said 'happy Easter' or some such, it
> would be fine.  But Jesus was never recognized by the Sanhendrin as the
> Messiah.  You must all realize that Judaism is MUCH older than Christianity
> and there have been many people who have claimed to be the Messiah, even
> after Jesus!
> So, since this is a Mac list and not a Jesus list, lets try to keep in mind
> that not everybody is the same.  There are many religions and many people of
> differing opinions.  So, a simple 'happy Easter' will be fine, but the
> quoted material above  is totally inappropriate.
>
> Tim Collier (Ish Emunah ben Avraham)

Thanks for the words, Tim ~ and for adding your opinion to the list.

I frequently comment on these Christian Evangelists' end of post signatures,
and have called several folks on their choice of spreading the word.

However, since I subscribe to NO formal religious beliefs anymore, I was
getting to the point where I thought I might be out of place complaining about
these folks.
On the other hand, I was raised Lutheran and left it early in life, so it's
not that I've not been exposed.
It's  only been in my later years I've come to realize they too proselytize!
They aren't called Evangelical Lutherans for nothing, I guess.
But, all these years I ignored what the rest of my family did in and outside
of church. That was their business.

Nevertheless, continual exposure to their beliefs is proselytizing and an
imposition, and I'm very much against it.
Especially those who cannot post a 4-word sentence without appending a 12 word
sentence proclaiming their personal beliefs.

Enough already!   ;-)

keith whaley