[G4] Re: DiskWarrior Updater

Bill Metcalfe billmet at speakeasy.net
Sun Apr 16 20:16:14 PDT 2006

On 16 Apr 2006 Keith wrote

Thanks for the words, Tim ~ and for adding your opinion to the list.

I frequently comment on these Christian Evangelists' end of post signatures,
and have called several folks on their choice of spreading the word.
I have to disagree with the sentiment expressed above. If David
DeFelice had written any words other than his signature about his
faith, I would consider it inappropriate, but the signature line, if
kept brief, is a personal statement, a reflection upon identity. His
signature, though distasteful to some/ many, was within the bounds of
public discourse. Think of it as DeFellice's T-shirt. I am appalled
whenever I shop at a mall by the messages on the t-shirts that I see.
I have my idea about what they reveal about the wearer, but my
opinion stops before my lips, especially as those T-shirted youths
are in much better physcial shape than I. When I encounter a
signature line that I disagree with, I bit my tongue and move onto
the next message. I am quite impressed that the posters to this list,
who would vehemently disagree with others on the list on certain
important aspects of their lives, will still focus of asking or
aiding other posters.
If I may quote another signature line>
"When cryptography is outlawed, bayl bhgynijf unir cevinpl!"