[G4] Boxes

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Tue Apr 25 11:35:57 PDT 2006

Now this is a fun thread!  Do we get sentimental about boxes?

I just got rid of my QuickSilver G4 and LCD monitor boxes a month ago,
vintage late 2001.  Stacked one on top of the other all this time in
the middle of my son's abandoned bedroom, they served as a handy island
table top for books, papers, and other articles in various stages of
movement and reorganization within the room.  They had to go when I
started bringing in new tables and bookcases.  Imagine my surprise when
I found a firewire cable before folding the G4 box for recycling.

Right now as I write in another room with the closet door open, I am
looking at:

Apple Multiple Scan 15 Display box (Performa 6300) with smaller boxes
stored inside.  The display died a couple years ago.
Apple Stylewriter box full of books ready for shelving in the new
bookcases.
Lacie box for 240MB (not GB) Tsunami external SCSI hard drive, empty.
At 15"x15"x9.5" and heavy, that was some kind of packaging.  Tsunami is
on a shelf above.
APC box for a UPS that has been on line for years.
And in some other closet, maybe full of books, Apple boxes for
Powerbook G3 bronze keyboard Lombard and for G4 iBook.
Plus other boxes for stereo/video equipment and misc.

Truth to tell, I have never had to use an original packing box for
reshipping.

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.

On Apr 25, 2006, at 6:29 AM, g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com