[G4] Is there a way to turn off a router so than no one can log on late at night?

jim carbone dictator at rebargraphics.com
Wed Dec 13 10:18:59 PST 2006

Hi Bill,

Depends on the router, I imagine.

My Linksys has an access restriction panel. I've assigned my son's
machine a static IP, and using that I'm able to restrict access past
bedtime while other machines in the house are unaffected. This works
not only by time of day, but also day of week, and can even go so far
as to shut off access to certain websites. I find it very helpful.

Another thought is to have the router save access logs. An old one I
had would email the logs to me. Sometimes showing your child a
printed list of everywhere he's been is enough to let them know they
are not getting away with anything.

Hope this helps...
--jim