[G4] DVR111D

Peter Birren peter at birrendesign.com
Thu Dec 14 12:48:06 PST 2006

From: Richard Meyeroff

> I have just insalled a DVR 111D.  It appears to have installed ok but
> I have trouble opening the door. It appears to be hung up on part of
> the plastic on the fromt faceplate of the computer. When I compared
> the faceplates on the drives themselves the faceplate on the 111D is
> larger.

I also got a DVD-111D (great price!). Installed it in a G4/GigEth/dual450.
Went in easy enough and the door works fine with no interference from the
faceplate. The burner's tray is fairly high but clears the faceplate by
about 1/8" on top, the closest spot. Perhaps you've got the faceplate a
little off?

However, I also have a problem. Replaced the CD read-only that came with the
unit; use Toast 5.2 (running OS9.2.2). The 111D burns CD's very nicely but
will only burn small DVD's from files on the desktop. When I try to make a
DVD, the following message comes up: "Toast cannot write the data in Mac OS
Standard format. Please switch to Mac OS Extended." This message appears no
matter where the original files are located - main hard drive is Extended.
Any ideas how to fix this? Pioneer thinks it's a Roxio thing. Maybe it'll
fix itself when I install Tiger over Christmas week?

- Peter