[G4] New guy with a sawtooth coming

SKYGRAM skygram at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 08:48:34 PST 2006

Brett,

My G4 (PCI Graphics) has been in almost constant use since I bought it in 2000.

I have added memory and a USB2 card and a Pioneer 111D DVD burner. I
also own two Pentium 4 level PCs. However the G4-400mhz is my computer
of choice. Because it has always done what it was supposed to. My PCs,
while of ostensibly good quality, are "problematic" and unreliable. I
blame Windows XP SR2 for that. Windows is simply cheesy.

I will probably install Linux Ubuntu on one of the PCs in the near future.

However the G4 has been great and I imagine that I can use it for the
next few years. I actually intend to use it until 2010 in one capacity
or another.

Nevertheless it is now slow if I want to use some of the newer Apple
software. So I am looking into a new Mac Pro with the hope that it
will be just as reliable.

Bill