[G4] iMac Optical Drive replacement

Trinzitter Sanwick trinzitter at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 28 18:47:37 PST 2006

Dale,
	If you're talking about the "lampshade" iMac, there are detailed
instructions here:

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/systems/iMac_g4/imacg4_takeapart.html

	Looks like it's not for the faint of heart, but doable for the
persistent.  As far as I can tell, it's using a normal ATA optical
drive, but you'll likely have to remove the front bezel from the
drive's tray to allow it to function with the iMac's drive door.

Cheers,
	Tony