[G4] New guy with a sawtooth coming

Earle Jones earle.jones at comcast.net
Fri Dec 29 17:44:12 PST 2006

On Dec 23, 2006, at 5:21 AM, Eric Hall wrote:

> I remember when the G4 Power Mac first came out. A fat config was
> around $3,000! Even though I was a PC/Unix guy, I lusted after it
> bigtime!
>
> I just bought one for $150.
>
> This will be my first real Mac. Looking forward to adding a bit of ram
> (it comes with 256) and playing around with it. It might even be
> useful!
>
> Eric

*
Eric:  Welcome to the Mac bunch!

I would add 512k or 1GB RAM if I were you.  RAM for your G4/400
Sawtooth is not very expensive.  I would buy it from Crucial.

(I once had a RAM problem and the Apple Genius guys said -- buy new
RAM from Crucial.  They are the retail part of Micron Technology,
where Apple gets a lot of their RAM.)

Take a look at:

    http://www.crucial.com/store/listmfgr.asp?cat=RAM

Have fun!