[G4] Adding Drives to G4 AGP Graphics Model

O'Brien obgraph at hiwaay.net
Sun Dec 31 06:35:41 PST 2006

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 09:20:09 -0500, shopdog at mac.com wrote:
> Does anyone know how many internal hard drives I can add
> to an AGP Graphics G4 model, and how I would go about
> doing that?
>
> I have added one drive (on top of the included drive),
> and there seems to be room for at least two more, but I'm
> not sure how to add more.  Where do I get brackets?
> Where do I attach the brackets?  Is there enough power
> supplied by the power supply?  Will the fan cool the
> drives adequately?

You could have two more drives. To have more than two
internal drives in that model, you would need to install a
PCI card that additional drives can be plugged into. (I
think the card also allows you to install larger drives
than would otherwise be possible for that Mac.) I'm
assuming that it has enough available power. I don't think
cooling would be an issue -- drives really don't generate
much heat. Brackets are often supplied with drives.
Otherwise, I don't know where you would get.

O'Brien