[G4] OS 9.2 start up issue

nagable at comcast.net nagable at comcast.net
Thu Feb 9 21:12:14 PST 2006

From: Jay Snoke <snokejs at npt.nuwc.navy.mil>
> In the Control Panel, you can disable extensions - forgive me, but I don't
> remember the specific Control Panel software, because I haven't used 9.2
> since forever.

It's the Extensions manager.

But first try booting holding the shift key down.  That boots with all the extensions except the bare OS turned off.  The screen will tell you "Extensions Off".

When you reboot, hold the spacebar down.  That will bring the Extensions Manager up immediately.  You can then turn off the ones you think are causing the problem.  But do it methodically, like Jay advised.

Nate