[G4] SCSI adapter for scanner and running on OSX

J C juslookin4pgfun at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 10 09:10:23 PST 2006

Greetings all-
I have a UMAX scanner S-12 I use for simple line art
and photos. It was originally hooked to my MAC 8600
which I have now retired and given to my son. Is there
a way to hook this scanner to my G4 466 with
accelerated processor running at 1.33 ghz on OS 10.4.4
and use it without hardware problems? I have heard
that using a SCSI adapter card can create all kinds of
problems. Other than buying another scanner, is there
another way to do this or if a SCSI adapter card is
possible-what would you suggest? And if I have to buy
another scanner, what can you suggest that will do a
good job but not break the bank?  Thanks