[G4] DVD Player and region codes

Carol java_j at macosx.com
Tue Feb 14 21:15:21 PST 2006

Hi Folks,

I am running OS 10.3.9.  I recently discovered that a DVD I received
would not play in my standalone player presumably because it was not
from the expected region.  I thought I would try it out in my computer
using Apple's DVD player.  No problem.  It played.  Then I decided to
try a PAL disc.  I expected the computer to ask me about changing the
setup somehow since I usually play NTSC discs, either region free or
region 1.  It played without any trouble.

Can anyone confirm whether or not the region code is being changed by
DVD player without warning me?  I would not appreciate it if I used up
my 5 region changes without warning.  Since I am the only one using my
computer, I have administrator privileges.

Does anyone know how to determine which region DVD player is set at?

--
Carol