[G4] Panther or Tiger?

Computerman computerman at nycap.rr.com
Wed Feb 15 13:09:15 PST 2006

Thanks everyone for al the replies. What I want to do is run various
programs that call for classic on OS X Panther. I should have stated that
this is an iMac G3 that I bought for my granddaughter. We want to be able to
have her run educational software like Poo Bear and such. Every time we
insert a disk it calls for classic, and of course when we try to run classic
in the system preferences it stated that it is not installed. I read
somewhere on the net that all I had to do was to install the OS 9 system
folder. I cannot find where I read that unfortunately. Also to complicate
matters when we insert OS 9 and hold down the c key it does nothing. The
computer just freezes at a blank grey screen.