[G4] DVR-104 problems

Larry Parsons hi8vidcam at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 18 16:47:31 PST 2006

I have a "sawtooth" G4 that I have upgraded with a Sonnettech processor,
1.5gb of ram and a superdrive.  I can record audio cd's under OS9 but when I
upgraded to Panther the OS does not recognize a blank cd or dvd.  I can play
precorded disks just fine but when I inserted a blank dvd I got an error
code and could not eject the disk until I shut down the system and rebooted.
I got messages telling me that there was no recorder available.  What's the
deal????
The superdrive is a Pioneer DVR-104 from a somwhat newer machine than I have
but it was from a Mac.  Are there any patches I need to install or firmware
to download?  Any advise would be appreciated.
Larry