[G4] G4 w/DVD RAM/ROM drive?

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Mon Feb 20 19:26:02 PST 2006

You have two choices: (1) pay apple for Tiger on CD's (what you have is the DVD version) and use the current optical drive (a CD reader only, I'd guess from your description), or buy and install in place of your current optical drive) the pioneer DVR 109 or 110.  Either should work with no problems at all.  If there is a problem, install patchburn  ( from http://www.patchburn.de ).  You can get the new drive for about $40 from http://www.newegg.com.

--Steve