[G4] Tiger disc invisible on G4

Chris Loehr clscott at interkan.net
Tue Feb 21 18:43:27 PST 2006

"Bought a set of Apple disks to install Tiger and they wont even show up om
my desktop. OK, the disks say iMac G5, but I tried them in my friends G4
powerbook and they at least show up. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

I suspect the drive in this computer -- its a little sketchy about
recognizing CDs sometimes and I have to read them into iTunes on my external
scsi burner. Is there a way to test the drive? Its original, I believe: "

That old of a machine may only have a cd drive and not be capable of reading
DVD disks, which I believe the Imac G5 disks are.

Chris