[G4] Another Video Card Upgrade problem

JWarren371 at aol.com JWarren371 at aol.com
Wed Feb 22 11:58:18 PST 2006

Upgraded my 867 MHz Quicksilver (1.5 GB ram) with a Powerlogix 1.8 GHz dual
processor. Then added an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 4x/8x AGP 256 MB Dual DVI Video
Card and a 20-inch Apple Cinema Display monitor. All worked fine for about a
week. Then the Cinema Display stopped lighting up.  Tried using an old CRT
with the 9600 Pro (using an DVI-to-VGA adapter)--no joy.  ATI gave me a new
9600 Pro card--still no joy.

I'm running OS 10.4.5.  A previous post intimated that power supply  could be
a problem?  How to I determine if power supply is an issue?  Anyone have
other ideas of what could be wrong?

Thanx

Jay