[G4] Noisy G4/933 Quicksilver

Daniel Brieck Jr. djbrieck at mac.com
Thu Feb 23 10:49:04 PST 2006

Does the case noise stop if you grab hold of the carrying handle ? if
it does than it might be a vibration issue from the hard drives. I
had a Seagate drive that would cause the case to vibrate and cause
harmonic vocalizations noise through the case and door.

If thats is not it then carefully open the side door while the
computer is on and see if you can hear were the noise is coming from.

I had to replace the CPU fan on my Quicksilver 867. If was producing
noise sound and  vibration. It did not spin freely when turned also.
So check when your computer is off and see if all the fans spin
freely and are clear of dust and dirt...

Daniel J. Brieck Jr.