[G4] 32 bit or 64Bit OS10.4.5 ?

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 23 12:41:17 PST 2006

I was about to download some trial software that asked me which I
wanted: The OS10.4 - 32 bit or the OS10.4 - 64 bit version.

This is new to me.

I gather from a brief Google search that 64 bit operation is an
emulation but I have no idea of which version to select or more
importantly why I should select that one. I also gather that 64 bit
operation is a desirable goal but Tiger isn't there yet.   So ...
which should I choose, and why?

Thanks,
John

My system version is Mac OS X 10.4.5 (8H14). My machine is a 20" iMac
G5 2.0 GHz w/ 1 Gig memory