[G4] OT: Ergonomic Chairs

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 28 06:14:20 PST 2006

Hi all -

Being one year shy of 50, it would seem that things are breaking down a
tad. To wit, I need a more comfortable office chair. Having been to
Staples and surfed a bit on the net, it would seem that some chairs
offer various features that are supposed to provide support.

Some of these are a tilt lever, so you can lean back a bit, a
forward-backward adjustable lever on the back, and of course and up and
down lever. There's a pretty good chair at Staples with adjustable arms
I'm considering for $129. (never spent so much on a chair! altho you
can spend $500 on an ergonomic chair if you want to!)

My problems are I'm a bit short, so if I'm sitting right in front of my
Mac LCD monitor (top of frame at eyebrow level) to avoid neck strain,
my chair has to be high enuf so I have to put my feet on two fat books.
I'm still getting some neck strain, tho - keyboard too low? Need arms
on the chair?

Any of you who are of similar age or condition, please email me for a
date (just kidding!) no please email me with your adventures and what
you finally purchased that was good. And yes, I'm exercising and doing
yoga.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net