[G4] Monitor going to sleep when G4 is booting up under Panther

Darin Sheriff dadarster at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 3 13:03:25 PST 2006

Hello,

I have a Dell 17" monitor I am using with my PCI G4 Mac with the original
ATI Rage Pro 16mb.  The monitor tends to go to sleep while I boot up under
Panther and when I turn it off and back on, display a "no signal detected"
message.  An older 14" monitor works fine however.  I currenlty have both
monitors plugged into a switchbox and what seems to work is to have the
computer boot up with the 14" monitor selected and after the bootup process
is done, switch over to the 17".  The 17" will then work.  Can anyone tell
me why this is happening and will upgrading the video card fix this?

---
Darin D. Sheriff                            DaDarster at hotmail.com
"It is better to abolish serfdom from above than to wait for it to abolish
itself from below"
                   -- Tzar Alexander of Russia
                      (Later blown to bits by revolutionaries)